Work and family obligations (and life-in-general) can pull us away from attending to ourselves.
At age 45+, it’s critical to reengage!
lderBeast can help with free practical advice and insipiration. And with personal coaching to help even more.
Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you have much to be thankful for this year, man. Even while you gratefully make note of all that, this is also a good time to think ahead.
What would you additionally like to be thankful for next Thanksgiving?
What if on Thanksgiving 2018 you could take a personal inventory and conclude:
1. I’m staying more motivated for fitness – and avoiding major backslides
2. I’m eating better (not perfectly, but better)…and I feel better for it
3. I forgive myself for not always following my fitness plans…but I hold myself more accountable to usually do so
4. I’ve varied my fitness routine, so I’m in better all-around shape than I was a year ago
5. I’m using exercise to better combat stress and make my life feel more spacious
6. If needed, I overcame aches-and-pains to do these things – instead of letting 2018 be a year of narrowing possibilities
Dude! That would be an incredible “thanks” list. So enjoy the coming weeks of 2017 wrap-up and holidays, yes. But I invite you to also make this time a springboard into a meaningful 2018. (Don’t wait for the cliched New Year’s Resolution.)
Here’s the why-and-how of six actions you can take, starting now, to add to your “thankful for” list for next year.